Bangladesh old capital trip
In this day long trip you will visit our old capital city named ‘ Sonargaon’ ,situated very near from central Dhaka. (35 k.m.) It was the major inland port and center of commerce in pre-muslim era. Visit the remaining of our old capital, the folk arts and crafts Museum, abandoned city ‘panam’ , few abandoned hindu temples , a 101 rooms abandoned palace, a primary school made by bamboo for hindu slum children’s, enjoy the country boat ride in mighty river Meghna and life style of simple farmers, fisherman’s at a small island (char) The panam city is the must visit photographic destination in Bangladesh. Where the early 20th century hindu merchants were live, along the street u get near about 25 abandoned houses of them. And another attractions is to visit a 15th century mosque of sultanate period of Bengal, named ‘Goaldi Mosque’.
Itinerary of old capital trip
- 07.30 AM- Our guide will give you a call and confirm that he is on his way to you,
- 08.00 AM- guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby, pick you up, and start driving immediately toward Sonargaon which is located 28 km away from Dhaka and could require 1.5-2 hrs to reach depending on traffic.
- 09.30 AM- Visit Goaldi Mosque . Built in 1519, this Beautiful single-domed mosque is the most impressive of the few extant monuments of the original capital city, and a fine example of pre-Mughal architecture. This mosque is not in use now.u can take picture and roam around the mosque premises.
- 10.00 – Visit Sadar Bari – a beautiful rajbari (palace) built in 1901 inside which is located the Folk Arts and Crafts Musium full of folk arts and handicrafts from the 17th century onwards. We’ll also visit the adjacent new museum building of folk arts. These museums represents the authentic culture and heritage of Bengali nation.
- 11.30 AM -Visit abandoned city Panam Nagar. Constructed between 1895 and 1905, this tiny settlement consists of a single street, lined with around 50 mansions built by wealthy Hindu merchants, abandoned during the partition between India and Pakistan in 1947 when the owners fled to India.
- 12.30 P.M – Visit a ruined temple and a very old palace where living a family there.
- 1.00 P.M – Visit another gorgeous palace from colonial period where u can get entered ,this house has 101 rooms.
- 1.30 P.M – Take lunch in a local ,decent restaurant.
- 02.30 PM- Visit a primary school for disadvantaged children from Hindu society fully made of bamboo. Consider bringing some pencil (if possible) for the children to support the poor students.
- 03.00 PM- Visit a char (small river island) in mighty river Meghna by local country boat to see traditional life of farmers and fishermen in Bangladesh.
- 4.30 P.M- End of old capital trip, drive to Dhaka.
- 06.00 PM: Drop at your
|Number of Guest||Price Per person|
|1 Pax Tour:||7,500 BDT / $100|
|2 Pax Group:||4,500 BDT / $60 USD Per Person|
|3 Pax Group:||4,000 BDT / $55 USD Per Person|
|4 Pax Group:||3,500 BDT / $50 USD Per Person|
Instant Book (10% Discount)
Including and Excluding
- Air-conditioned car, and a good driver.
- English speaking guide.(pick up- drop in)
- All site entrance tickets.
- Lunch on a local restaurant (local food).
- All rickshaw and boat rides.
- All tips except our guide and driver.
- Does not include any drink, beverage, or any personal item.